Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

With You, Hung My Life

My last few moments on earth am living

Knowing the exact time of death

A bliss not many could get,

And here I stand, holding long every breath


Six, the gong strikes,

Ten more minutes I have to count

Would it be different from the past ten hours counted?

Maybe, cos it is the last lap that’s always hard to mount


The faith I counted upon

Had vanished weeks back

When my plea to the Lord and yours to the law

Ungranted, unpermitting my hitting the sack


Ever since I have been counting actually

To live that moment when I shall die

Death takes the body away, but not the soul they say,

But to me, death attempts a different try


Last night, the last time I ever saw you

Had loads to say

Loads to unburden

Yet a blank stare was all I gave


What could I tell you

That it is alright, am there

And that whatever happens will pass

As always I say, with you on my lap, stroking ur hair?


What could I tell you

That every prob has a way out

Every crisis bears some good

As always I say, when you despair and shout?


Cos this will pass right, but you

with it

And I will be there yes, but helpless as a carcass

There is a way out true, but it is out of life

And stroke your hair I cant, when you are at the lap of gallows


Least I knew your crime when we met

And nothing more now too

Cos I never wanted to know

Why at the ropes end should life end you


And here I wait, outside the gaol

Among the bushes, watching the mist clear,

The dew melt, the sun rise,

The cold wane, and that’s when I begin to shiver


What did you do, was it right or wrong

I never knew, never tried

Does it matter anyway

maybe am the sinner, cos am the punished


I have counted the ten minutes

And I have died

And I walk away, with no tears, no sorrows

After all, aint numbness and death tied??

No comments: