Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

When I...

When I speak,
You are the silence that creeps in,
The irrelevance that intrudes
The stutter that frequents
And the words that I never sound

When I see,
You are the space I gaze into
An absent look I pretend
The shape that takes every particle beyond eyes
And the mirage I feign that it is not one

When I walk,
You are the parallel I sought
But I hear the footsteps within
You are the fingers that I craved to hold
And the tremor that haunts mine

When I think,
You are the thought I hanker and dread
You are the sole tenant of my mind space, and the vacuum
You are the question I ponder
And the answer I never try to seek

When I live,
You are the breath I hold, and renounce
You are the search, the reach
You are the pain I stomach
And the life I lack


When I sleep ,
You are the darkness that clutches me
The tears that wet my pillow, swearing each time as last
You are the sleep I long for
And you are the long sleep....

No comments: