Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Dreamt But In Dream

Into the sky only, I looked

With a vision that saw beyond

An inch above the ground only, I stood

With an air of pride and defiance, in perfect bond

At an angle with the ground my chin

With sarcasm and satire curving the lip

Pushing behind even the air I walked in

A high and heavy headed gait, oh how could I slip

‘I’ the impetuous identity of the soul

‘life’ the joy of arrogant possession I hold

‘they’ an unrelated legion running towards the opposite goal

thus defining and defying, perched and perched on cloud nine, I behold

I perched and perched in style

‘they’ ran towards their apposite goal

and with ‘life’ the stillness of arrogance, while

‘I’ the immobile identity waited for the role

the weight not withstanding, I slipped

pushing only the air behind

curving the lips, straightening nothing, I slipped

chinning up, the ground eluding my mind

with an air that choked, I clotted

an inch above the ground, I only stood

with a vision that still saw beyond

into the sky, I only looked.

No comments: