Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

A Heavy Downpour And After..

Not when the clouds darken I think about you,

Cos I never look up..

Not when they burst into rain,

Cos my ears are plugged..

Not when the drops drip from the leaves,

Cos my windows are shut..

Not when I stamp on my reflection,

Cos I never look down..


Not when running streams push me on,

Cos nothing pushes me these days..

Not when the umbrella slips past my hand,

Cos nothing more can slip..

Not when I am drenched to the fullest,

Cos nothing wets me these days..


And then when everything’s done,

When the rain’s abated..

The fragrance

From the wet sand,

Gathers up,

Jeering at the futile mighty forces,

With its mocking subtlety

Betrays my eyes,

Eludes my windows,

Evades my ear plugs,

Pierces my heart..


I realize..

The residual capacity

Of heavy downpours..!!

No comments: