Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

She Is Ours, I Am Yours..

The ecstasy of manufacture

Was but profound

And hence the pain of production too..

A world of just you and me, you dreamt

And here I bring to the world

A being packed with just you and me

My gift to you or yours to me?


Pain of mine is but physical,

And even that subsides

With every step of your pacing

I hear at the corridor.

I scream, I cry,

Yes, my physical response to physiology

Yet my inner self is, but at the height of fruition

Comparable only to the glee of our splicing..


Let it pain less, you pray

But I have no prayers

Cos mine have already been answered

With every wave of pain,

I am re-living you in me

Let it last any long..


And finally they say she is out

A ‘she’ that you wanted

And I know why!

She cries her first

And it is the first I see you cry too.


Storming into the room,

I wait for you to pick her up

To devour the joy of fatherhood

To break the months of anticipation

To hold yours in your arms

To embrace her that

You waited for all this long.


But here you come straight,

Not a look at her

But put my head on your shoulders

With a smile of relief and tears of love,

And that’s when I cried the longest!

No comments: