Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

They Didn’t Follow Suit

My words take different forms,

Abstract situations,

Cranky thoughts,

Punning metaphors,

Satirical emotions,

Cynical conclusions…


And over my shoulder

As you read,

I saw in your eyes,

The poem running..

Just as I had written it..

After all, was it not a reflection?


And I wrote with greater vigour

Happiness etching each line,

Words popped up from nowhere,

Racing with each other

To help my fulfillment of obsession,

And my obsession of fulfillment..

The former cos I spawn and own them,

The latter cos you cherish and relish them..


And thus graffiti took shape,

Acquired form, gathered life..

And became poem..


But..

When you left..

They didn’t follow suit,

Only.. you became the poem..!!

1 comment:

dissociatedprenihilist said...

'amour propre' in pertinent robes. great work.