Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Rain n Reality

In the midst of the crowd, I stood

Freedom trapped

Among the escaping people running around

There I perched, rain wrapped

Alone in a moment, abandoned

By the shelter yearning pack of woes

With the cold, with the moment

I froze

I dripped too, akin the sky

Drops standing ‘hair on end’

A wetness that reached the heart

And the soul, to mend

Streams gushing with the fall of road

Sprouting gurgles where were hollows

Rows of curse pukers at margins

Her signs, as were my smiles. And drowning sorrows

Alas, the droplet screen began to clear

The downpour retreating

The sides cleared too

And the roads refilling

People rushed towards the pending miles

The various duties summoning

Alone in a moment, abandoned

By the work yearning

To the side I now moved

Emptied by the retreating

Under the dripping leaves, reliving the rain

I stood, reality unsummoning!

No comments: