Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

The Road taken

There snakes the road,

The same I had been traveling

Yet so different each lap ahead

Where the journey began, I know not

Where it might fizzle out, I have no thought

Yet I travel miles and miles, brooding and caroling

My vision is finite, I cannot see beyond

I traverse ahead, puffing and panting

Naïve about how long extends the bond

The Frostian choice does not pertain to it

The alternative does not fit

I must take the road, cos it’s the only one I have

The sky rhyming with the road in its indefinite expanse

Sometimes clear, sometimes cloudy

Sometimes with the sun looking bright, darkness sans

Sometimes the moon wafting through the night sky

Sometimes the stars wink at me, far and high

Yet, sometimes, they all become dowdy

The height that walloped me yesterday

I do not see it there

All the niceties it gave have gone astray

Hallo! Heres a hollow, I alarm myself

Carefully that passes behind, then comes a turf

Blanketing the road, from nowhere

And then a new phase, winter again

I sever huge ice blocks, in wonder

Jumping and crawling, a journey surely not mundane

Just when I acclimatize to the arctic shiver

It gets warm again all over

Scorching and hot, merciless sun yonder

The sand slithers, the cacti poke

The sweat drips, which the heat instantly destroys

This will also change, I walk

Through miles destined for me at the very start

Though know not the final halt

It’s the only one I have, without a choice

The road I tried to saunter all these years

Stands before me, huge and bulky

Those roses there, are they spread for me, oh dear

But not without the thorns that creep through the soft

Well, that’s the way He could draft

And I pass through them, the touch both painful and silky

Where are the crowds, I saw them some laps before

On that traffic stricken concourse

Singing and chatting, but not anymore

Those with me, I don’t glimpse now

The laughter and hilarity disappeared, no knowledge how

There may be more, I walk through the path, uncouth and course

The road awaits filled with mirage

And lined with pseudohorizons

A long long passage

I know, I certainly know they are unreal

Yet I desire, I travel

Though completely outdone

Oh my road! Where do you take me?

This somnolent and weary passenger

Stop, stop at some point, I say spare me

But when the path dwindles and feet shake

Fear prays, no, I must live, away don’t you take

It cannot be so soon, the surrender

I don’t know the path, not a map

All I do is to follow your winding way

I have no choice, oh life, joy or mishap

I take whatever you thrust

Cos walk through I must

I should live you through, oh my life, the only one I have!!

No comments: