Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

From Across The World

She hung from my finger tip
As I held them across the sky
A nail, a white polish, a cosmetic dip
And I let my fingers catch up and fly

At the pond as I sat
Thinking about you, my love
She capped my reflection, a luminescent hat
A semicircle, the colour of a dove

Whistling a song as I vroom past
A careless driver that I am
But paradoxically looking at the rearview
Coz there is the full circle, my mirror her tram

I am not a moon lover
But I gawk at her
My poems she does not trigger
But I write looking at her

Coz I know you were one
A lover of her, an admirer
Coz I know in your book she was woven
Into words and phrases, that they r your's is all that I care

I know you watch her wherever you are
And I see her too, I see you in her
She turned you into a bard, which I now share
She turned me into a lover, which I know you still share

As our child asks me where to find you
The search I am still not myself done
I point up to the sky, to the moon
Not to his satisfaction but mine

The next morning again I wait,
For the dawn and day to subside
My real dawn is when she gleams in my sight
Into your love when I once again glide..

No comments: