Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

How Could I???

Irreplaceable, she was
And that’s the cause of distress now
The heaven that I neared
When she brushed her
Fingers through my hair
When she laughed
At those not so funny jokes
When she grasped
My hands innocently at a crossing
When she enquired
During those depressing moments
Always the first and mostly the only one
When she wet my shoulders
For a lost cat or poor beggar
When she came running
Even as I neared the gate
When she cooked my fav
And watched me eat, with joy
When she ate it later
And cried like a child, at my plight and lie
When she slept on my shoulder
All through the night,
On the first day of her illness..
When she made me sleep on hers,
On the last day of it
Not a child any more
Cos she knew something more….

The heaven that I neared
Could never be re-lived
And that’s the cause of distress now
Cos here I am, nearing the same with you!

Did I love her less, or did she?
how do I forget the pain of hers, whenever you pass by?
Does not love come only once?

I see her in you
I live with her through you
My love of hers has brought her back
Only in a different physical form..

And all this I say, but to comfort me,
Yet the answer to my question
I still have not found
How could I love a second time???

No comments: