Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

In That Moment...




In that moment when life slipped,

From beneath my arduous palms,

That were naively trying to pull it back,

Pressingly compressing,

Energized by desperation, anger, fear, anguish

Every emotion I am forbidden to feel,

Towards the stranger,

Whose chest rested below my resuscitating hands,

Resting in between my every effort,

Mocking at my endeavour,

Unrelentingly giving up,

Waiting for my cessation,

For its own……


All of twenty five,

And a fortnight old neonate to leave behind,

In that moment

When she transcended away

From the mortal phase,

When life as we know it,

Oozed its last from the bone and flesh,

When I accepted defeat,

Backed and gave way,

When I stood witness,

To the most profound experience of the final human,

When peace descended on her,

Beautifying death,


In that moment,

The ever extant regret

In taking up medicine,

Found a paradoxical companion,

In the new found love...

1 comment:

dissociatedprenihilist said...

Unrelentingly giving up,

Waiting for my cessation,

For its own……


Very much your style..The choice of words and the subtlety in differentiating things by relating them. Nostalgic!